Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Children and Divorce: Great Post on the Georgia Family Law Blog

Titled If You’re Divorcing, Don’t Sacrifice Your Children. Very much worth reading.

I wish I could put it as well as did the original writer. I am usually a bit more circumspect than is this writer. I think we are still driving to the same place, though. I want to know what motivates a parent to seek custody. Too often I have seen children used in power games as the means to hurt or manipulate the other parent. I will not take on a client who wants to indulge in these kind of games. I do not think that I have an ethical duty to support a client who wants to play these kind of games but I do think that I have an ethical duty to not injure the children in a custody case. If nothing else, my method allows me to sleep at night.

No comments: